Brown Bag Lunch Challenge Day 9 - Jamie Oliver's Brocolli and Pesto Tagliatelle

It's a new week and I had the weekend to be inspired.  Well, it was my 12 year old niece who inspired me because she said "Auntie, I will help you plan your meals for the week because you need to have a balanced diet."  I didn't argue.  My problem is never knowing what recipes to choose.  She choose easy to make recipes that feeds 4-6 people so I have enough for leftover lunches. 

The first leftover lunch is from Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. 

Broccoli and Pesto Tagliatelle

Ingredients
    * 1 medium potato
    * 1 head broccoli
    * A large bunch of fresh basil
    * Sea salt
    * 1 pound dried tagliatelle (you can substitute fettuccini)
    * 1/4 cup green pesto
    * 3 ounces Parmesan cheese
     Wash and peel the potato and cut it into very thin shavings using a speed peeler. Cut little broccoli florets off the head and put them to one side. Halve the thin stalk lengthwise, then slice thinly. Pick the basil leaves and discard the stalks.
      Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil. Add the tagliatelle (or fettuccine) and broccoli stalks and cook according to the tagliatelle package instructions. Two minutes before the the tagliatelle is cooked, add the broccoli and potato slices. Drain everything in a colander over a large bowl, reserving some of the cooking water, and return to the pan. Roughly chop half of your basil leaves and add to the pan with the pesto and half of the Parmesan. Give it all a good stir and if the sauce is too thick for you, add a splash of the cooking water to thin it out a bit.

What did I bring for my brown bag lunch challenge?
Broccoli and Pesto Tagliatelle
Berries - blueberry, strawberry, blackberry
Crackers and cheese