Brown Bag Lunch - Orzo Salad with Chickpeas and Dill

I've been pretty good at bringing a brown bag lunch to work this week.  I am trying to eat healthy and keep fit and one way to do that is to bring a quick lunch to eat so the rest of the lunch break I can take a brisk walk instead of sitting in the lunch room.  

What this means though is that even if I eat out for dinner, when I get home, I am cooking up a little something for my brown bag lunch the next day.  

Tonight I was inspired by an Orzo Salad with Chickpea, Dill and Lemon from MyRecipes:  http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/orzo-salad-with-chickpeas-dill-lemon


I gathered up my ingredients and noticed white mold on my lemon.  I thought about it.  But I like my healthy stomach much better and decided not to chance it.  Yes, normally you would think that the sight of mold itself would make me think twice.  I guess I really wanted to follow the recipe as is.  Instead I made the recipe my own and it turned into Orzo Salad with Chickpeas and Dill.

1 cup orzo
1 tbsp dill (I had dried in my pantry so I used that, if you have fresh, fabulous)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 can 19oz chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup feta cheese

Cook the orzo until al dente or to taste.  Rinse with cold water.  Mix orzo in a mixing bowl with the dill, olive oil and chickpeas.  Add the feta cheese.  

Enjoy the light refreshing Orzo Salad with simple ingredients.