Paleo Recipe - Sausage Casserole Recipe

Before when I was trying to lose weight, I somewhat had success when I decided to make paleo dinners.  So I decided to do the same this summer.  I can never seem to give up wheat completely so I try it with dinners first.  

Paleo Leap is a wonderful website and resource for recipes and where I found this simple sausage casserole recipe.  I didn't have all the ingredients so I used what I had and make a sausage casserole with the following.  I was surprised at how tender the yams turned out and I really loved the flavours that my bratwurst sausage brought to the vegetables.  I would make this again and feel that is is completely a recipe that you can make your own.  Here's what I used for this simple sausage casserole recipe to make it my own.

4 bratwurst sausages
2 yams, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
fresh lemon thyme sprigs from the farmer's market

I think it would have been lovely as in the original recipe with a red onion but my onion that I had was rotten so what's more important is to have fresh healthy vegetables.  

Directions:  All the vegetables in a baking dish.  Brown the sausages on all sides.  Top with fresh lemon thyme and bake in a pre-heated oven for 40 minutes.