Blueberry Scone Recipe

This morning I decided to bake up a fresh batch of scones.  I found a Blueberry Scone recipe on the Food Network and decided to give it a try.  Of course, I didn't know that I only had 2 cups of flour left which meant that I did not have any extra flour to help make the dough pliable to roll out into a circle.  So instead my sticky dough scones were dropped onto the baking sheet in rounds.  The scones turned out well with blueberries bursting from the seams.  I used 1 cup of frozen blueberries which was quite generous.  I still have the last frozen batch of blueberries from last season.  Luckily August is just around the corner.  It's been a lot of fun baking with blueberries.  I didn't use a glaze as we found the blueberry scones were delicious without one and when they are fresh from the oven, we couldn't resist or wait to taste one.

The Blueberry Scone Recipe is Here:  

Blueberry Scones:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cut in chunks
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 cup heavy cream, plus more for brushing the scones

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/blueberry-scones-with-lemon-glaze-recipe.html?oc=linkback