Meatless Monday - Whole Roasted Cauliflower

I asked my girlfriend for a cooking challenge and she gave me the cauliflower challenge.  At first I looked at recipes that had roasted cauliflower but they were cut into pieces.  She told me my challenge was to roast a whole cauliflower.  At first I was skeptical but then google  came up with a few different recipes that looked interesting.

When it came time to roast my cauliflower, instead of using any recipe, I looked at what was in my pantry and made up my own.  This is simple and my husband ate up all of the cauliflower so that's always a good sign of success. 

1 small cauliflower head
olive oil - cover cauliflower
dried thyme
paprika

Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees celcius.  Leave the cauliflower leaves on so you can tuck the herbs between the leaves.  I didn't have fresh herbs so I improvised and used dry thyme.  I massaged the oil and then sprinked the herbs and spices over the cauliflower.  The I roasted it in the oven for 20 minutes.  After that I turned it over and roasted it for another 20 minutes.  After that put it right side up and sprinkle with parmesan cheese (optional) for another 10-15 minutes.  

I was impatient and shortened the roasting times which gave me a slightly crunchier roasted cauliflower.  It still tasted delicious and this is an easy idea for a side dish especially if you have your main dish in the slow cooker.  Try it for yourself and enjoy!