Easy Caesar Salad

Every time I go on a vacation, I return with an inspired sense to do more home cooking.  Last weekend I went on a girls retreat to Harrison Hot Springs Resort and the first night we ate at the Lakeview Cafe at the hotel.  They had an all inclusive dessert and salad bar with their meals and it is their make it yourself caesar salad at the salad bar that inspired me to make caesar salad at home.

They had the fixing out on the salad bar and I just had to put lettuce on my place with the croutons, parmesan cheese, and dressing.  Simple and easy!

Romaine lettuce was on sale at the grocery store so that was the perfect time to make my easy caesar salad.

1 head of romaine lettuce (wrap the washed lettuce that you do not use in paper towel to maintain freshness in the fridge.
1 jar of light caesar salad dressing
1 package of multigrain croutons
freshly shredded asiago or parmesan cheese

The trick is to only make what you will eat that night as caesar salad will get soggy quickly once it has the dressing on and is best when the lettuce is crisp and fresh.  That's what I loved about the make it yourself station at the salad bar.  I bought all the ingredients above and only mixed what was good for two people.  

This was a great idea and I keep all of the ingredients in the fridge so I can make an easy caesar salad on weekday evenings as a starter before the main course.  Or top it with roasted chicken for a chicken caesar salad as the main course.