Weeknight Dinner: Prawn Udon Stirfry with Chinese Vegetable





I've tried meal planning in the past but it doesn't always work for me.  I'm not sure if it's because I'm an impulsive grocery shopper or if I'm too tempted by the 'coupons' and 'sales' at the grocery stores.

Here's an easy dinner recipe inspired by fresh prawns on sale at a good price.  I couldn't resist buying half a pound to make this dish.

Prawn Udon Stirfry with Chinese Vegetable

1 pkg of Chinese vegetable (gai lan junior)
2 pkgs of udon
1-2 cups of chicken stock
1/2 lb of fresh prawns (shelled and prepped)
1 orange bell pepper, sliced
hoison sauce

Heat up the chicken stock in a wok on medium high heat.  Add the udon and cook until tender.  Remove and set aside in a dish. 

Stirfry the prawns and bell pepper in wok until prawn turn colour.  Add the udon and mix together.  Add hoison sauce to taste.  Remove and set aside.

Cook chinese vegetable in chicken stock until tender. Serve beside the prawn udon stirfry.