Brown Bag Lunch: Red Pepper Chickpea Salad

I think I could do some work on my meal planning, I don't ever make enough for the whole week and end up in the kitchen and in the grocery store throughout the week.  Now that I've started cooking more at home, I feel like it is non-stop.  That is what we need to do to sustain our healthy bodies, continue to provide ourselves with healthy food.  Some people try new recipes which I love to do but I can see the benefit of having your "regular" recipes.

During the week, I'm always looking for simple recipes and I loved the fact that this recipe has very simple ingredients.  It is a bonus that it is healthy and slimming from the lovely people at Oxygen Women's Fitness Magazine with my tweaks of course.



 Red Pepper Chickpea Salad
Serves 2 • Ready in 2 hours and 10 minutes

  • 1 15-oz cans chickpeas
  • 1 red bell peppers, finely diced
  • 1.5 cups of parsley, finely chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon
  • Dash sea salt and freshly ground pepper
  1. Rinse chickpeas thoroughly to remove excess sodium.
  2. Toss together all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
  3. Chill for at least 2 hours in the fridge to allow flavors to meld.