Brown Bag Lunch: Roasted Vegetable and Goat Cheese Pasta Salad

One day I was reading the Scrumptious Serenity blog and discovered this healthy and easy recipe. It was worth a try for as a healthy lunch.  I already had half of the ingredients in my fridge so here it is. 

It's normal for me to adapt recipes and they even invite you do it. Here is the recipe from Clean Eating. I used whole wheat rotini and omitted the green pepper and eggplant.  Also I didn't have verjus (I'm not even sure what that is) but I had rice vinegar instead.  Rice vinegar is a bit tangy so I added a tablespoon of honey to make it suit my taste.  The goat cheese is the key and really adds a nice flavour to the other ingredients.

It's quite amazing that if you look at all of the three blog photos of the same dish, it looks quite different in each photo.  But the part that stays the same is the taste.


For my brown bag lunch I packed the Roasted Vegetable and Goat Cheese Pasta Salad with a small chicken wrap.  A meal all ready to go.