Healthy Every Week Challenge: Eat Breakfast at Home - Frittata and Smoothie


I looked at the Healthy Breakfasts recipes on the Food Network Healthy Every Week Calendar but realized that I didn't have all of the ingredients for any of the recipes. But it inspired me to make my own breakfast at home with the ingredients that I had on hand.

Spinach Frittata
handful of chopped onion, green pepper
handful of spinach
4 eggs beaten
grated asiago cheese
Put frying pan on medium heat and put a bit of butter in the pan.  Fry the chopped onions and green peppers for 3-5mins, then add the spinach for 1 min, then add the eggs.  Reduce heat to low (which I didn't do so the bottom of the eggs were golden brown as you can see from the picture).  Sprinkle the cheese on top.  Cook until eggs are softly baked.

Toasted 2 slices of buttered whole wheat toast and that was on the side.


Smoothie
1 apple cored and diced into small pieces
1 tangerine chopped
handful of frozen blueberries or other frozen fruit
1 cup of tropical juice, orange juice
Add everything to the blender and blend until smooth.  This is a great way to drink your fruit for the day and I love having this on the weekends   Everyone is already awake so noise it is I make!