Christmas Gift: The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days


Christmas came early with this wonderful gift which is a  cookbook from one of Britain's favourite bakery, The Hummingbird Bakery.  It has a pretty pink cover and I love pink.  Browsing through the colourful pages, I am drawn to the unique recipes.  The treats are divided by special occasions such as Valentine's Day, Easter, Birthdays & Celebrations, Halloween, Christmas, Summer or Rainy Day treats.

I'll be back to blog about my baking experience with this cookbook and photos.  Hopefully I'll be able to achieve such great looking cakes as they did in the bakery.  Britain is too far away for me to go for some cupcakes so I'll turn my own kitchen into a British bakery.  Stay tuned for White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies, Chocolate Orange Cupcakes,  Blueberry and Soured Cream Loaf and more. 

This is a time when my dad's quote "Everyday is a special occasion!" works well. 

Great gift for the pastry chef and foodie on your list!  Bring Britain home with the Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days cookbook.