October Brown Bag Lunch Challenge: Asparagus Risotto

The great thing about making homemade stock is that you have a lot of it.  Even after making my turkey soup from yesterday, I still had a potful of turkey stock ready to be used for another meal.  In my fridge was also half a bottle of white wine.  So, what can you do with white wine and turkey stock?  Easy.  I made risotto.
I have a basic risotto recipe that is well used from my Martha Stewart Everyday FOOD magazine.  The beauty with cooking is that you can make it your own and make modifications to a recipe.  Here are the changes that I made.

1 bunch asparagus
1/4 cup chopped red onion
3 mushrooms

Break asparagus and throw away the bad ends of the stalk.  Then I chopped half of the good stalk and saute it in the pan with the red onion and chopped mushrooms in step 1 of the recipe.  Then follow the basic recipe to the end.
In a fry pan I saute the asparagus in turkey stock and as it is tender, I toss it with butter and season with salt and pepper.  Put risotto in a bowl and layer the asparagus on top.  Delicious!

What did I bring for my brown bag lunch challenge?
 Asparagus risotto
Snack container of granola and cashews
Carrot sticks