October Brown Bag Lunch: Turkey Soup

I had difficulty maintaining this blog at the end of September with travel for work and pleasure.  Now it's October and I don't want the brown bag challenge to end, so it won't!  It also allows me to feel less guilty for not completing the challenge in September.  It all starts in October with Canadian Thanksgiving.
We were invited to our friends' house for an early afternoon turkey dinner.  I always find turkey to be absolutely delicious, perhaps it is because I don't eat it very often.
I mean take a look at the bird on the right and tell me that you are going to cook that as a dinner for two regularly.  Not!  That was the smallest turkey they could find.  Needless to say, I fully enjoyed my somewhat traditional turkey dinner Thanksgiving.
Sometimes you bring leftovers home.  This time I brought home the turkey bones.
Now you can see how this story relates to my October brown bag lunch which is Turkey Soup.  The first step is to get your fresh turkey bones after your Thanksgiving dinner.  American Thanksgiving is in November so it's not too late.
That night I made a turkey stock with turkey bones, celery, onion, 2 bay leaves and crushed black peppercorn.  Boil for 3 hours on low heat. Remove bones and you have your stock.



Turkey Soup
1 pot of homemade turkey stock
2 chopped carrots
1 cup frozen peas
2 cups thin egg noodle
3 sliced mushrooms
salt and pepper to taste

Add chopped carrots and peas and bring the turkey stock to a boil.  Once boiling add the egg noodles and after the noodles have cooked halfway, add your sliced mushrooms.  Season with fresh ground pepper and salt to taste.

What did I bring for my October brown bag challenge?
Turkey soup
Crackers
Sliced cucumbers and frozen grapes