Easy Recipes: Homemade Granola

Granola. Hard, crunchy cereal. Did you know that you can make it? I didn't.
Until I went to a friend's house and she gave me some to try. It was absolutely delicious and I loved the fact that she didn't put raisins in it. She based her recipe on the "Ultimate Granola" recipe in Quinoi 365:  The Everyday Superfood.  I took a quick look at the recipe and it made me wonder I never thought of making granola before.  Super easy recipe.  Mix everything together.  Add syrup.  Bake for 1 hour.  You can't lose, you add only what you like.  Then you have fresh granola for the month (if it'll last that long).   Here's what I added to mine.

2.5 cups rolled oats (large flakes)
1/4 cup whole almonds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup quinoa
1/4 cup coconut (sweetened fancy shred)

Mix together in bowl.  I added 1 cup Maplapple fruit syrup, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp cinnamon.  Coat granola with syrup and bake on baking sheet in 225 degrees for 1 hour.  Turn granola on baking sheet frequently so it bakes evenly.  After it's done, you can add your dried fruit or raisins (I opted out this time).  Then store in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks.  Easy granola recipe.  Granola is great as a snack by itself or with yogurt or milk.  Enjoy!