White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies

December is around the corner and I decided to organize an intimate cookies swap with some girlfriends.  I have been known for my lack of interest in holidays and that is something I've been working on.  In my attempt to celebrate Christmas, I thought a cookie swap was a good idea.  Cookie swaps are a great way to share and be able to have a variety of cookies for family and friends during the holidays.

I didn't know what kind of cookie to make so I began my research and found this festive recipe from The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days cookbook.  Since the measurements are in grams, I cheated and tried a white chocolate and cranberry cookie recipe on the internet.  That was a mistake!  My cookies were lumpy and I wasn't happy with them at all.  Everyone who tried them enjoyed the taste but it wasn't perfect.

It wasn't the cookie that was pictured in The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days cookbook.

So I got out my digital scale and followed the recipe in the cookbook.  The cookies were exactly how they were pictured.  Nice, large, soft and chewy cookies.  Delightful!  I had found my cookie swap cookie recipe.  It perfectly makes a dozen cookies.

Now I can't wait to try other recipes from the cookbook.  If I can't be in London to go to the bakery, then preparing the recipes at home from scratch is the 2nd best thing.  Enjoy!