Weeknight Dinner: Tacos and Taco Salad Recipe

I'm notorious for making a meal of what I already have in the fridge and cupboards.  This works well if you are on a tight budget.  By using what you already have, you can live within your $5-10 budget for dinner. 

Taco shells, taco seasoning, flour tortillas, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream were at home.  That is most of what I needed for the meal.  I bought a head of fresh lettuce and extra lean ground beef for $3.98.  You can do so much with these ingredients.

Tacos Recipe
1 pkg extra lean ground beef
1 taco seasoning mix
1 cup water

Brown ground beef on medium high heat.  Once browned stir in taco seasoning mix and water.  Reduce to low and simmer.



lettuce, chopped
roma tomatoes, chopped
shredded cheese

Bake taco shells in 250 degree oven til warm.  Fill with ground beef mixture, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese.  Option:  soft tacos with flour tortillas and same toppings.  Enjoy!


Taco Salad Recipe
Some of my taco shells had been sitting in the cupboard too long that they broke in half.  But that is when I decided to make a taco salad with the same ingredients.  Yummy!

Add lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, crushed taco shells, and ground beef  in a bowl.  I also added a dollop of sour cream on the side.



This was sooo good I had to have seconds.