Money Saving Tip: If you hunger for dessert, drink a full flavoured tea that may satiate your appetite. They have chocolate herbal teas and those that can drink more like a dessert.
Quick & Healthy Pasta Carbonara
- 1 6-oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 4 oz whole-wheat spaghetti, linguine or fettuccine
- 1 1/2 cups mixed frozen vegetables
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, finely grated (I used freshly grated Parmesan instead)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- In a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high, cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; set aside. (I added dash of white wine to the chicken which made the chicken tender and moist instead but not browned. Browned chicken is more photogenic)
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions. Stir in vegetables 2 minutes before pasta is al dente (very slightly chalky in the center).
- While pasta is cooking, add egg, cheese, garlic, pepper and salt to bowl with chicken, stirring to combine.
- Reserve 1/2 cup pasta-cooking water, then drain pasta. Immediately add pasta and 1/2 of reserved pasta water to chicken mixture, tossing to combine. Add more pasta water, as desired. Serve immediately.