Slow Cooker Recipe: Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast

I've been away because my work schedule shifted to a Sunday to Thursday work week and even though I'm still working five days a week, it shift my habits and I got out of sync with cooking.  

I'm not sure if you're the same as me but I have my cooking moods and swings of high and low.  There are times when I am a super meal planner and grocery shopper and then there are times when I have no desire to be in the kitchen.  

Sometimes it takes just one good gourmet dinner to bounce back to the love of food and cooking.  I would say that this no fail recipe does it.  It is a super easy slow cooker pot roast recipe that I found on All Recipes.  I cut the recipe in half because I am only cooking for two:  http://allrecipes.com/recipe/16066/awesome-slow-cooker-pot-roast/

1 can of condensed mushroom soup
1/2 cup of water
1/2 package of onion soup mix
2.5 lbs pot roast

Mix it all together and put it in the slow cooker on low for 8-10 hours.  

It was wonderful to come home to a dinner and all I had to do was make mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables.  Easy peasy!  The gravy is just enough to cover the pot roast and is nice and saucy so the roast is not dry.  

It has also got me back into the culinary mood so you may see more posts in the upcoming week.  

Try it yourself.  So super easy slow cooker pot roast.  The best part is packing the leftovers to eat the next day.  This will be my brown bag lunch.