Sunday Brunch: Ham and Cheese Omelette Recipe

Sliced ham was on sale so I bought a package of two thick sliced for $3.50.  I thought it would be a good addition to a savory breakfast.  I then started to search for recipes with ham and cheese which is a popular combination.  I originally found a Ham Cheese Quiche recipe but couldn't do it in the morning because I didn't prepare the homemade pie dough the night before.  Instead I found this Ham and Cheese Omlette Recipe from Food.com.  This was an easy recipe that I adapted with what I had in the fridge.

3 eggs
dash of milk
1 slice of ham, chopped
fresh chives, chopped
bit of butter for pan
grated cheddar cheese
salt & pepper

  1. In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, ham, milk, salt and pepper. Beat well.
  2. Heat skillet on medium and melt margarine.
  3. Pour egg mixture into skillet. As the omelette begins to set, lift up edges with egg flipper so uncooked portion of egg can flow under the cooked portion.  (This is where I had a problem so my omlette so mine looks like a french omlette)
  4. When eggs are set but the top is still moist, sprinkle ¾ of the cheese over it and chopped chives.
  5. Slide omelette onto the plate and cut into portions.
It was delicious!  The key is to not overcook the eggs.  I served the ham and cheese omlette with toasted french loaf and fresh strawberries.