Weeknight Dinner: Breakfast Burritos Recipe

This month I'm on a tight budget and it's two days before payday so I'm trying to be "good".  Since I spent $5 on lunch, I didn't want to spend anymore on dinner.   I came home starving and so hungry.  I wanted something that would fill me up and taste good.  The recipe idea that came to mind was a breakfast burrito because I had all of the ingredients and knew that it be fast and easy to make. 

Breakfast Burrito Recipe
4 large flour tortillas
4 eggs
1/2 cup of chopped red onion
1/4 pkg of breakfast hash browns, mexican style
1/2 ripe avocado
dash of butter
chipolte mayo (optional)

Cook chopped red onion over medium high heat in butter, add the hash browns and reduce heat.   Cook til ready.  In a separate frying pan I scrambled the eggs.  Be careful not to overcook the eggs.  They should be soft (not hard). 


Lay down the flour tortilla.  (You can warm up the tortilla over the frying pan if eating immediately)  Add 1/4 of the scrambled eggs, hash browns, and avocado and optional mayo.  Fold the sides and then roll up tight. 



If you are eating the burrito the next day, I usually heat up in a non-stick fry pan to lightly brown the burrito and to have a hot breakfast.   If you have a grill, you can do that as well.