Brown Bag Lunch Challenge Day 2 - Tuna Casserole Recipe

I knew that I needed to cook something in the kitchen so I could have lunch for Day 2.  I still looked at what ingredients I had at home and from that decided to go with a classic - Tuna Casserole.  I spent $6.93 on cheddar cheese and albacore tuna.  This made enough for 2 dinners (1 I froze for future) and 2 lunches.  Yay!

Tuna Casserole Recipe
3/4 - 1 pkg large broad noodles
1 can albacore solid tuna
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1 cup grated old cheddar cheese
1 cup frozen peas
salt, pepper, tabasco for taste

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.  Bring pot of water to a boil - add salt for taste.  Add frozen peas and egg noodles and cook for 8-10 mins.  Drain and mix in casserole dish with tuna, cream of mushroom soup, milk, and lastly stir in grated cheese.  I added freshly ground pepper and tabasco on top.  Baked in oven for 20-30 mins til lightly brown.  


Serve with vegetables of your choice.  I chose to saute green and yellow beans in butter. 

What did I bring for my brown bag lunch challenge?
Tuna casserole
Mixed fruit - container of local fresh blueberries, strawberries and early plums
Pumpkin scone - friend's gluten free pumpkin scone