Japanese Gyoza with a Twist

My Japanese friend came over one day to teach a few girlfriends how to make Japanese Gyoza.  It was great because she had prepared the ingredients beforehand and then we had the participation class of wrapping the gyozas and making them.  Then we cooked them in a T-Fal Ultimate Hard Enamel 12.5-Inch Nonstick Fry (Saute) Pan, Black and had a wonderful Japanese Gyoza snack.
After that lesson I decided to try it myself.  I call these Gyoza with a twist because I didn't follow the recipe exactly.  I'll give you the recipe and let you know what I changed.  Reason for twisting the recipe is because I knew that I had green onions at home so decided to use those instead of chives.
150-170 g ground pork (I used 1/2 lb)
1 pkg chives (I used 4 chopped green onions)
1/4 small napa cabbage (I used long napa cabbage - siu choy)
Put salt on cabbage and chives for 5 mins.  Squeeze.
Mix together all of the above ingredients in a bowl.  Add the sauce below:
grated fresh ginger, 1 tbsp white wine, 1/2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tsp sesame oil, 1and a 1/2 tbsp corn starch.



Get the pre-made wrappers and put a small teaspoon of the mixture in the wrapper.  Wrap together and fold the wrapper for the nice gyoza look and so it stays together.  Repeat until all of the meat mixture is gone.  Then fry in a T-Fal Ultimate Hard Enamel 12.5-Inch Nonstick Fry (Saute) Pan, Black and you have made your own Japanese gyoza.



Notes:  I would recommend a teaspoon of meat mixture in each wrapper.  My portions were generous and I found that this made cooking them a bit harder because it took longer.  I used chicken stock to steam them a bit longer so the meat was all cooked.

My first time gyoza turned out alright and I used for a dipping sauce (rice wine vinegar with soy sauce).  I want to make it with chives next times because I think it'll give it more flavour.  Overall I was pretty happy with them.