Taco Tuesday - Western Family Soft Taco Kit

Save On Foods had Western Family Soft Taco Kits on sale for $3.99 so I thought I would go ahead and give them a try.  My husband was a bit wary of a packaged kit however I reassured him that buying the seasoning and tortillas separately would cost more and this was a budget cost saving technique.

So onwards with the kit.  The first thing is to pan fry the 1 lb of ground beef until it is brown. 

After that you add the seasoning package with 1 cup of water and let that simmer down.  

What you will realize later is that it is good to have a saucy meat sauce since the flour tortillas are heartier and perfect for soaking up the sauce.

Then it is time to prepare the assortment of toppings.  I had chopped romaine lettuce, chopped cherry tomatoes, grated cheddar cheese, sour cream and the packaged salsa from the taco kit (no one touched this salsa and I ended up throwing it away, hint, get a different salsa).


I warmed up the tortillas by heating them up in the oven on a baking sheet so when it was ready to put together the soft tacos at the taco bar.  Everyone puts on the toppings of their choice and then moves along with enjoying their soft taco dinner.