Cravings Cookbook - Roasted Cauliflower, Feta and Orzo Salad

The recipe I choose for the Cravings Cookbook Club was the Roasted Cauliflower, Feta and Orzo Salad.  I wanted to bring something light and healthy.  This salad fills the bill.  It is refreshing and lightly dressed with a lovely olive oil, lemon, dijon mustard dressing.  

In the summer, when you may not want to turn on the over, this recipe is the best fit because you can roast the cauliflower first thing in the morning when it is still cool.  That is what I did.  The surprising thing is that roasted cauliflower actually shrinks.  It is easy to do.  I chopped up 5 cups of cauliflower and tossed it with pepper, salt and 3 tablespoons of olive oil and baked it in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.  Voila, roasted cauliflower that is perfect for your salad.  I forgot the garlic, but you don't have to.  Either way, it is still quite tasty.  
Cravings Cookbook - Roasted Cauliflower

After the cauliflower cooled, and when it was closer to our afternoon cravings cookbook meeting time, I put together the rest of the ingredients in a salad bowl.  Roasted cauliflower, cooked and cooled orzo, feta cheese, red onion, and fresh baby spinach.  At first without the spinach, the salad looks white, but then you add the fresh greens which gives the salad the boost of colour.   I never knew that fresh spinach could wilt nicely with the weight of the orzo and cauliflower.  I thought it only wilted when cooked.  I learn new things every time I cook.  Even though I did not include the dried cherries, everything else I more or less followed according to Chrissy Teigan's instructions.  And I was impressed.  A lovely summer salad that would be perfect for lunches!  Great healthy salad to share with others.  Thanks to Chrissy Teigen's Cravings Cookbook.  

Cravings Cookbook - Roasted Cauliflower, Feta and Orzo Salad

This has been so much fun exploring the recipes of the Cravings Cookbook.  The hardest decision is deciding what to cook next.