Cravings Cookbook - Yellow Cake Baked Oatmeal

In Chrissy Teigen's Cravings Cookbook, this is one breakfast recipe that stood out, maybe because it seemed to me to be more of a dessert than a breakfast oatmeal.  Why did I think so?  Because of the yellow cake.  

My friend made this recipe the first time I tried it and I ate it as though it was a dessert.  It was delicious!  I brought some home and warmed it up with vanilla ice cream on top.  She used a can of peaches which naturally sweetened up the dish.

Since peaches were in season, I bought a few with fresh raspberries and decided to try this out for myself.  What did I learn?  I love the combination of peaches and raspberries.  I love eating this dish when it's freshly pulled out of the oven and it's warm and drizzling.  That is the best!  I wish I had reduced the recipe because the Yellow Cake Baked Oatmeal truly feeds a crew of 8-10.  And the oatmeal is filling enough.  I did have this for leftovers for the week but the best moments were right when it came out of the oven.

So if you're feeding a bunch of people and you want to make something easy and filling, then whip up a batch of Chrissy Teigen's Yellow Cake Baked Oatmeal.