Cravings Cookbook - Rotochick Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe

The one thing I hate about getting a rotissierre chicken for only two people is that if we don't plan well, too often I find that I throw away chicken at the end of the week.  The first night is always the easiest as a quick meal but as the busy work week continues, the chicken starts to get old pretty fast.  
Rotochick Chicken Noodle Soup

Well after seeing Chrissy Teigen's recipe that asked for a rotissiere chicken I no longer had to cringe or think that my chicken would go to waste.  It is Chicken Noodle Soup that asks for the meat from a rotissiere chicken.  Yay! 

I had "Better than Bouillion" Chicken soup paste that I used as the chicken stock base.  Everything was super easy.  Saute 1 onion and 4 garlic cloves (minced) in a soup pot.  Add 5 chopped carrots, 6 chopped celery sticks, 1 tsp thyme, 1 bay leaf, 10 cups of chicken stock and let simmer on the stove for 45 minutes.  The last addition is 2 cups of broad noodles and the shredded chicken (approximately 2.5 cups) - in my case it was essentially both chicken breasts and simmer for 10-15 minutes.  

The outcome is an amazingly easy chicken noodle soup.  It makes a large stock pot full.  I will be giving some to a friend at work, she made me Hong Kong style soup before so it is a nice way to return her mason jar.  We also have plenty left over for lunches and dinner.  

In the Cravings Cookbook Chrissy Teigen says she will eat this all week long.  I'd rather pass along the good stuff while it's freshly made and then move on to another recipe in the Cravings Cookbook.  I have this cookbook for 4 weeks from the library and am motivated to try as many recipes as I can.  The Chrissy Teigen Cravings Cookbook journey continues.  I'm loving every minute.