Baked Chicken Fingers with Honey Mustard Sauce

I'm looking for healthy meals these days and I remember that when I went to Well Fed Studios where you can prepare pre-made meals, they had a wonderfully simple chicken fingers recipes.  
Chicken fingers are not only easy to make at home but when they are baked, you get moist chicken that is healthier.  And bonus is that if you freeze them and bake them from frozen, it will still only take 30 mins to cook.  I served my chicken fingers with steams carrots and broccolli.

I found this recipe when I was looking up freezer meals as I'm quite impressed with moms who can prepare meals for a month in a day.  I'm not a mom so I don't need to go that crazy but it is nice to have meals in the freezer that are healthy and fast to cook for weeknights or lunches.

I found the recipe from Happy Money Save website:  http://happymoneysaver.com/oven-baked-chicken-strips/

2 chicken breasts (I used the pre-cut chicken breast strips)
1 cup flour
1 tsp salt and pepper
2 eggs
1 cup panko

  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Cut chicken breasts into equal sized strips.
  3. Take 3 bowls and in 1 bowl add flour, salt, and pepper. Mix well. In another bowl beat 2 eggs. In third bowl add 1 cup Italian style panko bread crumbs.
  4. Dip each piece of chicken in flour, then egg, and lastly panko bread crumbs.
  5. Place chicken strips on a greased or parchment covered baking sheet.
  6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. Turn Chicken strips halfway through cooking to ensure even cooking and crispiness.

I love honey mustard sauce so I put 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 2-3 tablespoons of dijon mustard and enough honey to your taste in a bowl and mixed it all together.  

Originally I had planned to make the chicken fingers for a freezer meal but they were so good fresh from the oven that we ate them all up.  Enjoy!