Desserts - Martha Stewart's No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream

It has been a long time, but it's time to bring back the Coupon Chef's test kitchen. Yes, it is still cheaper and a cost saving to be able to be a home chef and cook at home.  It's even better when you can share your adventures with a friend or two.

My friend over at Divinely Delish has inspired me to try my hand at no churn ice cream.  You'll want to follow her culinary adventures on her blog:  https://divinelydelish.wordpress.com/

When I think of making ice cream, I imagine the big ice cream makers where you have to turn the handle for a long time to blend the milk to magically make the ice cream.  When Divinely Delish told me that she made no churn ice cream, it peaked my curiosity.  I went online to find the easiest recipe.  I stumbled upon Martha Stewart's No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream recipe.  It seemed simple enough and of course I liked the fact that I could add a bit of booze to the mix.  However, I couldn't taste the rum as much as I thought I would.  It's a simple recipe and I'm surprised I made ice cream!  Woo hoo!  Overall fresh no churn ice cream only lasts one week so it's not worth it for me to make again.  

The recipe below is from Martha Stewart's website:  http://www.marthastewart.com/355960/no-churn-vanilla-ice-cream


INGREDIENTS


  • 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons bourbon (optional)
  • 2 cups cold heavy cream

DIRECTIONS


  1. In a medium bowl, stir together condensed milk, vanilla, and Bourbon, if desired. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream on high until stiff peaks form, 3 minutes. With a rubber spatula, gently fold whipped cream into condensed milk mixture. Pour into a 4 1/2-by-8 1/2-inch loaf pan. Freeze until firm, 6 hours.