Classic Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain. Stir in the onion, celery, red pepper, carrot and macaroni. Refrigerate for a few more hours (it was 2-3 hours for me to have a creamier salad) before serving.