Baking: Cheese Loaf Recipe

These days since I've been on a budget, I've realized how expensive bread can be at $5 a loaf.  I decided that it was time to try making my own bread and this Cheese Loaf recipe from Allrecipes drew my attention because it didn't require yeast and had simple ingredients.   I added an artistic flair by drawing a line in the middle of the dough with my spatula and putting the leftover cheese in the line.  You can see there is a cheesy line in the middle of the loaf.

 Cheese Loaf Recipe
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  1. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). 
  2. Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and cheese in a large bowl. Mix in milk and melted butter. Stir to form a soft dough. 
  3. Cheese Loaf Dough 

  4. Pour into the prepared pan.  I prepared the pan by greasing with the melted butter and then lightly flour the pan before you pour the batter.  The loaf will come out beautifully. 
  5. Bake in preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from pan to cool. 

Cheese Loaf