During the week, I'm always looking for simple recipes and I loved the fact that this recipe has very simple ingredients. It is a bonus that it is healthy and slimming from the lovely people at Oxygen Women's Fitness Magazine with my tweaks of course.
Red Pepper Chickpea Salad
Serves 2 • Ready in 2 hours and 10 minutes
- 1 15-oz cans chickpeas
- 1 red bell peppers, finely diced
- 1.5 cups of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Dash sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Rinse chickpeas thoroughly to remove excess sodium.
- Toss together all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Chill for at least 2 hours in the fridge to allow flavors to meld.