Zuchinni Apple Muffins

It's a rainy Sunday so I decided to have a baking and cooking day.  I'm trying to eat three healthy meals a day and that takes work.  It's not easy but very rewarding to have brown bag lunches everyday.  Last week I ate breakfast burritos, so this week I decided to make Zuchinni Apple Muffins.  Great to grab for breakfast on the go! 

The recipe was recommended by a friend a long time ago because I complained about muffins that were too dry.  This Healthy Zuchinni Apple Muffin recipe is moist and flavorful.  You can see below the chunks of apple that are hiding inside.  Here is the recipe from Sugar Cooking.    

Now instead of making it healthier I actually forgot to buy applesauce so I substituted oil instead.  That makes these muffins slide out of the muffin liners and next time I'm going to bake them straight in the muffin tips without the paper liners.  

Packing Tip:  Wrap muffins individually and put in a larger ziploc freezer bag.  When you want one for a snack at work, take a muffin out in the morning and it will be thawed by the time you want to eat it for your afternoon snack.