Brown Bag Lunch: Couscous Salad

My meal planning is based on what has been in my cupboards for  awhile.  This time I opened my cupboard and saw half a box of couscous left.  I decided it was time to use it and make something of it.  I searched recipes online but ended up made this one more on my own based on what was in my fridge  I like having a variety of food in the fridge that's ready to eat. It is good to experiment with healthy grains.

Couscous Salad
1 cup of couscous
1/3 cucumber, seeded and chopped
1/2 yellow pepper
chopped chives and parsley
1/4 olive oil and half of that in red wine vinegar
salt and pepper

Cook couscous according to package instructions.  Add other ingredients and mix together. 
This is a nice salad to add as a side dish to a brown bag lunch.  One combination is my leftover chicken dinner with couscous salad on the side.  This can complement any dish.