Healthy Every Week Challenge: Tomato and Feta Pasta

It's the January Week 3 of the January Healthy Every Week Challenge and it's time to "Cook at Home." I'm not sure what happened to Week 2 but it has disappeared. I haven't forgotten the goal of Week 2 which was to increase your whole grains.

Here's what I made for lunch that I cooked at home. It comes from adapting the Anne Lindsay's Lighthearted Everyday Cooking Recipe called Penne with Tomato, Black Olive and Feta. My version omitted the black olive and it's quite lovely to have a fresh tasting pasta without processed tomato sauce.

Tomato and Feta Pasta
1 to 1.5 cups whole wheat rotini (or other pasta of your choice)
2 large tomatoes, sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
handful of herbs (I used freeze dried Italian herbs and freeze dried parsley)

Boil pasta in a pot until tender but firm. In the meantime heat oil over medium heat; stir in garlic. Add tomatoes and Italian herbs and cook. Add cooked pasta to the sauce in the non-stick skillet. Add feta cheese, parsley; toss to mix.

Serves 1. Cooking at Home can be done even if you are cooking just for 1 or 2.